Coconut Yule Trees
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- Vanilla frosting, green sugar and assorted sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed-paper lined baking sheet; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Shape into trees; return to baking sheet.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Spoon over or dip trunks of trees; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Decorate trees as desired with frosting, green sugar and sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 130 calories, 7g fat (6g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2017
Took the to work and everyone loved them as well as my kids!!
Dec 5, 2015
We have made these every year for several years. I suggest making the trunks skinnier than you might think because they get thick with the chocolate.