Coconut Cranberry Yummies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Stir in cranberries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; gently shape into mounds.
- Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 74 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Dec 26, 2017
found them very runny. would be helpful if the recipe stated how much coconut to add as we do not have 14oz pkg here in Cda. if providing a recipe, it would be helpful if standard measures were provided. Makes it much more simple if we stuck to cup measurements where possible. Recipe was a bit over the top w/the am't of sugar in it.
Dec 13, 2017
These were a real hit at a cookie exchange. I think the recipe has a mistake when it says drop by tablespoonfuls and you get 60 cookies. I did that and got 30. It's very sweet but friends were raving about them! If I make them again I might just use unsweetened condensed milk. I think the chips and coconut would be sweet enough. Tip: lift your entire sheet of parchment off the cookie sheet and allow to cool completely. Worked great.
Aug 18, 2016
the sugar in this yummy.. can choke a ant!! LOL ... had to throw it out.. next time i will try it again with most everything being unsweetened.. =) otherwise.. it was a very good mix
Jan 8, 2016
Everyone loved the cookies and so easy to make
Dec 15, 2015
it was a big hit with everyone.. im going to try them maraschino cherries and blueberries next time since my husband isnt a fan a cranberries
Dec 14, 2012
These are wonderful cookies! They were especially enticing to me because I am gluten intolerant. I added more ground almonds and used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the white. I also made them larger, so I needed to cook them longer. Thanks so much for the tasty recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.