This traditional recipe has been in the family for years. Every Christmas, friends and family expect to see these attractive and delicious cookies on the table. I always happily oblige!
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup jam or jelly
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls. Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Dip each ball halfway into egg whites, then into walnuts. Place nut side up 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Fill with jam; cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 133 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Scandinavian Drops in Best of Country Cookies