Russian Tea Cakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes. Roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 83 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 25, 2019
This was the best recipe ever! My first time manning these were definitely a hit! Thank you
Aug 13, 2019
I increase the chopped pecans and you must chill the dough before baking them.
Dec 23, 2018
I've made these for many years and haven't had any problems. The butter holds them together . 5 stars
Dec 21, 2018
This recipe has nothing in it to bind the dry ingredients with. I now have a big bowls of crumbs. Any suggestions on what to add that might save me? Egg?
Jan 3, 2016
Love this recipe, super easy to make and taste great. I made them with pecans and my husband liked them so much I've made them 3 times this holiday season. They're the perfect size to pop in your mouth when you're craving a quick sweet treat. I'll be making these every year.
Dec 6, 2014
I'm sorry but these were so dry and no flavor. Maybe adding more than 1tsp of vanilla or using almond abstract instead would boost the flavor? Any ideas?
Dec 29, 2013
I made these cookies for Christmas last year. Immediately they became my family favorite Christmas cookies. This year I made two batches, one with walnuts, the other with pecans and also increased the nuts amount to 1 cup each. Both turned out excellent! It?s a keeper.
Dec 7, 2012
Cookie fell apart. Very disappointing.
Jan 18, 2011
Best Russian Teacakes I've ever made and believe me I have tried a lot of recipes! Just like my mother used to make.
Dec 21, 2010
I love these cookies. They were a hit at my cookie exchange. Thanks.