Soft Honey Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in egg; beat in honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 77 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Nov 16, 2016
Don't flatten down like in picture. They stay in lumps. Not a recipe I would try again. Thankfully not a lot of ingredients were wasted. Not much taste.
Jan 23, 2014
This maybe my NEW favorite cookie! Everyone liked them :)
Nov 9, 2011
Not sure why, but mine turned out pretty awful. They tasted too sugary or something.
Jun 8, 2011
not so great have had better
May 21, 2011
I left the do dough in the fridge over night, then baked them. They came out fluffy and light.
Dec 14, 2010
By the way, when I doubled the recipe and got 46 1T sized cookies they were 52.5 cal each.
Dec 14, 2010
These were great! I doubled the recipe because I saw how it only made 16 cookies, and I got 46 cookies(using a 1T sized cookie scoop to make them). The dough was really sticky, but that isn't a problem. The cookies were perfectly sweet, and you could taste the cinnamon and honey. They were kinda dense, but not crispy, which in my opinion is perfect.
May 19, 2010
I was looking for waysto use our own honey and this is an excellent one. It makes a small batch which is excellent for our family of 2.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.