Swedish Almond Rusks
Not too sweet, these nutty, crunchy cookies go well with a cup of hot coffee...and travel well in care packages, too!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extract. Sift together flour, cardamom and baking soda; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture. Fold in almonds. Divide dough into 6 parts; shape into logs (like refrigerated cookie dough). Place 3 each on 2 greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove logs to cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice logs diagonally 1/2 in. thick. Place cookies on sheets; return to oven and bake until light brown. Cool; store in tightly covered containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 92 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Swedish Almond Rusks in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook