Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extract. Sift together flour, cardamom and baking soda; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture. Fold in almonds. Divide dough into 6 parts; shape into logs (like refrigerated cookie dough). Place 3 each on 2 greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove logs to cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice logs diagonally 1/2 in. thick. Place cookies on sheets; return to oven and bake until light brown. Cool; store in tightly covered containers.
1 cookie: 92 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.