Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and chocolate. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Chill and reroll scraps if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks.
1 cookie: 84 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.