Austrian Nut Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makes10 sandwich cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Slivered almonds, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, chopped almonds and sugar. Mix in butter until dough is just combined. On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cutter and place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread jam on half of the cookies; top with another cookie.
- For frosting, combine chocolate, confectioners' sugar and butter. Spread on tops of cookies. Decorate with slivered almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 277 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 22, 2011
Very fragile cookies. Crumbs are excellent, but make Almond Nut Cookie instead.
Dec 22, 2010
Very good! Everyone has liked them, even me... and I don't usually like nuts. We didn't use the chocolate frosting. Cut thick as these are very fragile cookies & if you want cookies instead of just crumbs, we found you have to be 3/8" thick.