Brazil Nut Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottom of cookies are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 104 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 12, 2017
This recipe is perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. No, the cookies aren't super sweet and they aren't meant to be. They have a great texture. Big hit with my family!
Sep 10, 2017
In my oven, these took 12-14 minutes, and they were soft and golden brown. I didn't think these were very sweet, but then again, I used unsweetened coconut rather than sweetened, so that could have been the difference. To sweeten it up a bit, I whipped up a powdered sugar and milk glaze and drizzled over the cookies. (Oh, and I accidentally put in 1/2 t of salt rather than 1/4 t, so that probably didn't help it make it any sweeter either!) Not my favorite cookie that I've ever made, but they won't go to waste :) I'd go three stars, yet several of the things were my fault, so I'll go four stars instead.
Oct 10, 2014
I tried these the other day. what a hit. everyone loved them. In my oven, I only needed 8 minutes and the bottoms were lightly browned.Yum
Feb 16, 2014
The Brazil nuts are a nice touch, but I'd add some flavor. Also I am wondering what kind of oven you're using. After trial and error I found that at 350 degrees F the cookies needed at least 22 minutes in the oven to come out crunchy.
Nov 30, 2009
Unusual and delicious. I made a variety of cookies, and of the lot these were the first gone.