Dutch Almond Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons almond paste
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 dozen whole almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place half of the circles 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Crumble 1/2 teaspoon almond paste over each; top with remaining circles. Pinch edges to seal.
- Cut a small slit in top of each cookie. Brush with egg white. Press an almond in each slit. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 31, 2016
I had a can of almond paste I need to use up so I tried this recipe. They are delicious and addicting. With the almonds, nuts paste and extracts you get a full flavored cookie. I will definitely make these again.
Apr 17, 2013
I made this cookies and turn out to be really good,the almond paste really gives a nice texture in the middleand the flavor is really good i will do this cookies again very soon.