Citrus Almond Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 4 cups unblanched almonds, toasted
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 teaspoons water
- Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a large bowl, combine the almonds, sugar, chocolate and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, orange zest, orange juice, lemon zest and extracts until combined. Gradually add to almond mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extracts and enough water to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over cooled cookies. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 83 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 16, 2014
Nov 7, 2011
I'd like to make this recipe again. However, I think the recipe is omitting an amount of flour. I made them and they were not at all like the picture. I couldn't roll them because there was nothing to hold them together. Please help!!!