Dutch Waffle Cookies
My mom taught me how to make these waffle iron cookies. Now I have my friends bring their waffle irons to the house, and we make big batches.—Rachel Setala, Surrey, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into butter mixture.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on a preheated waffle maker coated with cooking spray. Bake on medium heat until cookies are golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers. If desired, dust with additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 62 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Dutch Waffles in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.