Whipped Cream Krumkake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen krumkake
- 3 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Sweet butter for krumkake plates
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Beat eggs in bowl until very light. Add sugar gradually, beating to blend. Slowly add melted butter, then whipped cream and nutmeg. Mix in flour. (Dough will be consistency of cookie dough.) Chill dough thoroughly.
- Preheat krumkake plates over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until a drop of water "dances" when dropped on plates. Brush plates with sweet butter; place 1 tablespoon dough in center of lower plate; close iron and press handles together. If excess dough comes out sides, remove with table knife.
- Bake for about 30 seconds; flip iron and bake for about 30 seconds on other side. Remove krumkake and immediately roll over cone-shaped form. Place seam side down on parchment paper to cool; remove form.
- Fill cooled cones with sweetened whipped cream if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 krumkake: 81 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2019
What is sweet butter?
Dec 10, 2014
Excellent! I also add cardamom instead of nutmeg.
Dec 17, 2011
This sounds a lot like my recipe except I add cardamom inside of nutmeg. My grown children demand this for Christimas.Good recipe!