Whipped Cream Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + cooling
Makes2 cakes (10-12 servings each)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sliced fresh fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the extracts. Add flour alternately with cream, beating just until combined.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 80-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Serve with fruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 275 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 23, 2019
Since I had leftover whipping cream, I decided to make a pound cake. I found this recipe, which sounded delicious. I wanted a smaller cake, so I converted all of the ingredients by 1/3. I also changed the all-purpose flour to cake flour by removing 2 tablespoons of the one cup of flour used and replaced it with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. I also made a lemon glaze. Well, I must say this is the best pound cake I have ever made! I love this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing.
Jan 12, 2012
Super cake, was out of lemon extract so I used Raspberry extract. I think this cake would be great with any flavor you like. Everyone loved it. Best pound cake I have ever eaten!!!!!