White Chocolate Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Whole fresh strawberries, optional
- Chop four squares of white chocolate and melt the other four; set both aside. In a bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts and the melted chocolate.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Pour a third of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate. Repeat. Pour remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle semisweet and white chocolate over cake. Garnish with strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 371 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 9, 2019
I baked this cake for the first time. My immediate family complimented me, and expressed that they enjoyed it. Definitely will bake it again.
Mar 29, 2013
I have baked this cake several times, and always liked this and got lots of praise on it.
Mar 29, 2010
I have made this in the past. It is truly wonderful. I use reduced-fat sour cream and splenda substitute for half the sugar. There is no difference in the taste or texture.
Jan 27, 2010
This sounds like a great Valentines Day dessert. Yum.