Chocolate Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 8 milk chocolate bars without nuts (1.55 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a saucepan, melt chocolate with water over low heat. Mixture will begin to harden.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, salt and soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in nuts if desired.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan or fluted tube pan. Bake for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 353 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 12, 2015
I made this pound cake for work at one time and it has been requested for our Valentine's Day snacks this year, again. It is great as it is!
Mar 22, 2014
Everyone loved this cake (even all the kids I made it for)! Pair it with some vanilla ice cream, or whip cream. Delicious!!!
Dec 15, 2012
I make this pound cake all the time and simply love it:) It is my favorite pound cake recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.