Red Velvet Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 bottles (1 ounce each) red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in food coloring and extracts (mixture may appear curdled). In another bowl, whisk flour, baking cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 70-75 minutes. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over cake; sprinkle with pecans. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 639 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Apr 17, 2020
This recipe is really delicious, thank you for sharing this recipe. I can eat with my beloved family on a happy day <a href="https://www.rasalapar.com/">Kumpulan Resep Masakan</a>
Apr 15, 2020
I did reduce the lemon extract and added 1 more Tbs of cocoa. This cake is very moist!