Brown Sugar Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-65 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine butter and pecans in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is light golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Stir into confectioners' sugar. Add vanilla, salt and enough cream to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cake, allowing some to drip down sides. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 473 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 26, 2018
The glaze is delicious and the cake is moist. I left out one whole cup of brown sugar in the cake batter. The sweetness from the glaze makes up for it.
Apr 7, 2018
Love the moistness of this cake. It's easy and a definite winner at any potluck!
Feb 22, 2018
The worse cake I've ever baked. This recipe was bland and dense. We tried to eat it but threw over half in trash. I don't know how this got so many positive reviews.
Jun 12, 2017
Wonderful cake, moist and delicious. Next time I make this cake, I will add rum extract to intensify the flavor..
Jan 12, 2017
This recipe didn't have quite the intense praline taste I was hoping for, but it was delicious anyway!
Nov 22, 2016
I loved this recipe, made it for thanksgiving for work party, just by itself it was the hit of the office, the only addition I make to it was a pkg of pudding mix, came out very moist. Enjoy ...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.