Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Garnish with confectioners' sugar, strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 460 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 29, 2018
This recipe was published in Taste Of Home in 1997. It was delish back then and still fab today!
Dec 6, 2017
A very good pound cake recipe with a fine crumb. We did cut the sugar to 23/4, but you probably wouldn’t need to. We wanted a little more lemon flavor in ours, so we increased the lemon extract to 1 1/2 tsp and decreased the vanilla to 1 1/2 tsp. Will definitely be making this pound cake again.
Jul 17, 2017
This is the best pound cake I've ever had!! Will be making this many times in the future. After I removed in from the pan on a wire rack while still warm, I drizzled icing made with powdered sugar, water and vanilla over the cake. Letting the extra icing run off. Then once cooled and dry put in in my cake dome. Awesome!!!
Sep 5, 2016
I love a good pound cake. Usually I use a mix from the box. This's my first pound cake from scratch and it made me want to go back to the box again after trying this recipe.What a waste of time. The cake is very heavy; it came out very dry and hard. Dollar Store pound cake taste better than this and it costs only a dollar.
May 13, 2016
Very good pound cake, I made this for our Mother's Day dessert with whipped cream and fresh blackberries.
Oct 23, 2015
This is the first pound cake I have made. It turned out moist and with the great texture I was looking for. I like it with lemon extract but I want to try it with just vanilla also. I only used two cups of sugar. This is good without any fruit or whipped topping.
Aug 1, 2015
Amazing. This is the talk of the party.
Jul 30, 2015
Best pound cake! Everyone loves it when I make it.
May 31, 2015
Excellent pound cake recipe. I cut the sugar to approximately 2-1/2 cups. I do not have lemon extract, so I used lemon zest. I will make this again.
Apr 8, 2015
Best pound cake recipe I have tried thus far. It's moist and just the right amount of denseness. The flavor is fabulous. It's great on its own but served with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream and it's out of this world tasty. This recipe is a keeper.