Sour Cream Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla. Beat on low just until blended. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 311 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 17, 2020
I made this cake this weekend and instead of sour cream I substituted yogurt I had made with my Instant Pot . It came out moist, light and delicious!!
Feb 10, 2020
This is the worst pound cake receipt I’ve ever tried. Following the receipt exactly.... way too sweet, dry and dense. Disappointed - Not what I expected at all.
Jan 5, 2020
This recipe is absolutely delicious! I did not bake in a bundt but rather 3 loaf pans. I'm assuming this is the reason the tops of the cakes came out hard and crusty. Again, DELICIOUS but not the texture I was expecting.Will definitely make again and try the with the bundt pan.
Dec 15, 2019
This cake is easy, flavorful and moist. Definitely use the bundt pan for a beautiful presentation.
Aug 20, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
My husband loved it!
Jun 27, 2019
Do I preheat my oven or do i start with a cold oven?
Jun 26, 2019
Fabulous cake. The recipe is perfect.
Jun 5, 2019
This is a family and guest favorite
Apr 14, 2019
I haven't made this yet...but plan to this week. I had a wonderful recipe that was for a sour cream pound cake that I lost. That recipe had lemon juice in it but can't remember if the original recipe included the lemon or was a suggestion/idea added to the recipe. Anyway.......this recipe, from what I can remember of the old recipe...this one sounds the same or very similar. I plan on making this with the change of adding lemon juice and zest and minus the vanilla. I haven't made this recipe yet, but giving 4 stars because it seems just like my lost recipe and it was FABULOUS!