Cream Puff Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until smooth and shiny.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake 22-26 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and pudding mixes until smooth. Spread over crust; refrigerate 20 minutes. Spread with whipped topping. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 288 calories, 16g fat (11g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 12, 2014
This is a very good recipe. I have made it with different flavor custard fillings. I make my own home made fillings as I do not care for the box puddings. I made it a few weeks ago for a luncheon that I attended. I made lemon custard, used real whipped cream and served it with some fresh blueberries since they are now in season. Needless to say, the plate came home empty; Word of warning. Do not make the day before as the crust can turn a bit soggy as cream puffs often do.
Jul 13, 2013
Have made this for years. Cannot find my recipe so had to get on here to look it up. Family LOVES it so much my son wanted it for his birthday cake this year. We drizzle it with chocolate syrup when we serve it. This time son wants to add some fresh raspberries from the garden when we serve it. I don't think you can do anything to this to make it taste bad!
Mar 17, 2013
This is a great recipe instead of making individual ones. Tastes just like a cream puff. So easy make !!! Delicious !!!
Oct 27, 2012
i have made this recipe & shared it with many friends. My recipe calls for putting a drizzle of magic shell chocolate topping on top . Enjoy
Oct 20, 2012
This was good but the crust got soggy. Next time I will not put the filling in until I get ready to serve it.
Nov 4, 2011
Taste just like a cream puff from the store and was super easy to make. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe.
Nov 3, 2011
This dessert always gets rave reviews! It is light and delicious! Great in the summer!
Oct 16, 2011
I've made this twice now & it is a HUGE hit with all who tasted it. It's so much easier than making individual cream puffs. I did melt a bag of chocolate chips (with a little half & half) & put that as the 1st layer on the pastry. For me, a cream puff needs chocolate! :)
Sep 11, 2011
Big hit at Labor Day Picnic, one family member wanted me to make another one right then, he would buy the ingrients.
Sep 5, 2011
Loved it. It was very easy and delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.