Finger-Licking Good Mini Cream Puffs
This recipe is quick and easy to whip up and the kids will love it! They are perfect to pack for a picnic or to have as a snack for family game night I guarantee you can't eat just one…hey are so addicting & they're perfect for satisfying any sweet tooth! —Jennifer Erwin, Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- VANILLA FILLING:
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a rolling boil over medium heat. Add flour and salt all at once; beat until blended. Cook, stirring vigorously, until a film forms at the bottom of the pan, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop dough by 1-in. balls 1-1/2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until puffed, very firm and golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, whisk together pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes or until thickened; let stand 5 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Cut puffs in half. Fill cream puffs with vanilla filling; replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 filled cream puff: 52 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Finger Popping Good Mini Creme Puffs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.