Sandbakkelse (Sand Tarts)
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts. Blend in flour. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or overnight. Using ungreased sandbakkelse molds, press 1 tablespoon dough into each mold.
- Bake at 375° until cookies appear set and just begin to brown around the edges, 10-12 minutes. Cool for 2-3 minutes in molds. When cool to the touch, remove cookies from molds. To remove more easily, gently tap with a knife and carefully squeeze it.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 80 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 18, 2017
What a great recipe. Also, you can buy the tarts from Bethany Housewares (a brand that specializes in Scandinavian dishes and tools) at http://www.creativekitchenonline.com/Bethany-Housewares-3-Inch-Sandbakelse-Tins-12-pc-33528#.WW5SFNPyv2I
Oct 11, 2009
I thought that this was very good!! you just have to make sure that you press the dough as thin as you can in the mold they turn out cripy very very good
May 13, 2009
where do you get these molds. cookies sound good but need molds.