Sandbakkelse (Sand Tarts)
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add egg and extracts. Blend in flour. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or overnight. Preheat oven to 375°. Using ungreased sandbakkelse molds, press 1 tablespoon dough into each mold. Bake cookies in molds until they appear set and just begin to brown around the edges, 10-12 minutes.Cool cookies for 2-3 minutes in molds. When cool to the touch, remove from molds. To remove more easily, gently tap with a knife and carefully squeeze the sides of the mold.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 64 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 18, 2017
What a great recipe. Also, you can buy the tarts from Bethany Housewares (a brand that specializes in Scandinavian dishes and tools).
Oct 11, 2009
I thought that this was very good!! you just have to make sure that you press the dough as thin as you can in the mold they turn out cripy very very good
May 13, 2009
where do you get these molds. cookies sound good but need molds.