Moist N Tender Wings
These no-fuss wings are fall-off-the-bone tender. Chili sauce offers a bit of spice while molasses lends a hint sweetness. They make a great meal with a side dish of rice. —Sharon Morcilio, Joshua Tree, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 5 pounds chicken wings (about 25 wings)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place wings in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Stir to coat. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 197 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Mar 18, 2016
Horrible. Tasted just like regular chicken. Very bland.
Feb 16, 2012
Terrific wings for those of us who don't like really hot or spicy food.
Jan 30, 2010
Family requests this at the Holidays every year