Easy Breezy Turkey Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup garden-style spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Spread remaining spaghetti sauce over loaf. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
Freeze option: Securely wrap individual portions of cooled meat loaf in foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap meat loaf; reheat on a greased shallow baking pan in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 354 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 973mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
May 14, 2014
This was an EASY BREEZY turkey meatloaf. I made my own bread crumbs using sour dough bread, a fire-roasted tomato sauce and I chopped half of the onion and grated the other half. Paired perfectly with garlic red mashed potatoes and spinach, cucumber salad with Italian dressing. Will keep this recipe around for another dinner!
May 4, 2014
This is very good. I will cut the black pepper down to a 1/2 of tsp instead of a whole tsp. It was a little to much pepper for my liking.
Dec 3, 2013
My husband was in love with this meal the first time I made it and it couldn't have been easier to make!
Apr 5, 2013
haven't made it yet. too much sodium
Sep 20, 2012
maybe a little dry, but I supposed that's expected with lean ground turkey. Excellent flavor and so easy.
Aug 8, 2011
I used the Ragu Parmesean and Romano sauce plus added chopped green pepper and it was delicious!!!!! Super easy and doesn't even taste like turkey!!! Yummo!!
Aug 2, 2011
I have several meatloaf recipes that I really like, but this might be my new favorite. It has great flavor.