Vermont Turkey Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, mushrooms and carrot until tender; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the vegetables, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 6x3-in. loaf.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine syrup and mustard; pour half over the turkey loaf. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 165°. Serve with remaining syrup mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 292 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Nov 30, 2012
I make this about 3 times a month. I love this recipe.
Jan 20, 2011
The meat itself was not bad but we did not like the sauce.
Nov 6, 2009
This recipe has excellent texture and taste. It has become a year round favorite for my wife and I. It's especially good on a cold fall day. Our health conscious children enjoy this when they come to visit as well.J and A in MI
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.