Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2-1/2 pounds), broken into florets
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place 1 in. of water and cauliflower in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- Mash cauliflower to desired consistency. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, cream, butter and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and, if desired, parsley.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 154 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Apr 23, 2019
Who needs mashed potatoes?? These were wonderful and deserve a 5-star rating as-is. Adding a bit of garlic salt and dried rosemary is also 5-star worthy! My husband, a huge mashed potato fan, agrees.
Dec 19, 2018
This was a nice change from potatoes. I did find that the cauliflower needed to be cooked longer than the allotted time in the recipe.
Oct 17, 2018
Loved this recipe!! What a great substitute for potatoes. Only thing I did differently was add a little garlic powder. So delicious!
May 1, 2018
This lacked flavor. So I added cheddar cheese and 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt. Hardly anyone at our fellowship ate it. The Parmesan stuck to a wooden spoon, making it difficult to wash. Had to soak it 24 hours & use a SOS pad.
Dec 29, 2017
Great substitute for mashed potatoes! Kids can never tell the difference.
Mar 21, 2017
Kids loved it too!
Jan 19, 2016
I can't wait to try this. Does anyone know if this can be frozen. I would like to put into single serving containers for future meals.
Nov 10, 2015
Tasty side dish!
Mar 24, 2015
A great way to perk up cauliflower! Serving it mashed makes it easy to add things. Next time, since our family likes thicker sauces. I might add flour to the butter and cream to make a roux to add the cheese to.
Mar 8, 2015
Delicious! I cut the recipe in 1/2. It was a new and tasty way to enjoy cauliflower.