Just-Like-Thanksgiving Turkey Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and milk. Let stand 10 minutes; break up stuffing cubes with a fork. Stir in egg, celery, onion, carrot, cranberries, salt and pepper. Combine sage and rosemary; add half to the mixture. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes; drain if necessary. Combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, pepper sauce and remaining herbs; spread over meat loaf. Bake 20-25 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 165°. Freeze option: Shape meat loaf in plastic wrap-lined loaf pan; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and wrap securely in foil; return to freezer. To use, unwrap meat loaf and bake in pan as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 303 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 712mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Nov 24, 2016
Abolutely delicious! Will definitely make this recipe again! The whole family raved about it!! I added 1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper and a few drops of Sirachha to the cranberry-ketchup topping, and it was a perfect balance for the meatloaf. I also used almond milk instead of regular milk to soak the bread cubes. Thank you for this yummy turkey meatloaf variation!
Jul 27, 2015
My husband enjoys this meatloaf. After it bakes and cools I usually cut it into individual servings and freeze what I do not use for him. Sometimes I make small individual loaves to freeze after baking.
Apr 8, 2015
Loved this recipe! I did not have seasoned stuffing cubes, so I cracked open a box of stovetop stuffing and used a cup of that. Had a hard time grating the onions so I gave up and just minced them. Used 1 teaspoon dried herbs in place of the fresh ones. The pan of meatloaf is very moist as another reviewer pointed out, but after you cut it and take from the pan to your plate there is no excessive moisture. Anyways, delicious way to use ground turkey!
Jul 4, 2014
I expected to be wowed by a turkey meatloaf with the flavors of Thanksgiving, I followed the recipe to a T, and was disappointed. The meat loaf mixture is way too moist (from the moisture in the ground turkey) and made for a sodden meat loaf. The topping was way too "liquid-y" to form anything like a caramelized glaze., and was way too sweet. Maybe increasing the hot sauce would have helped. Will not make this again.
Jun 9, 2013
This is so easy and delicious. I omitted the cranberries, since no one in my family eats them. Awesome!!
Oct 10, 2012
Made this for dinner and it was very delicious. I loved the taste better than most other meatloaf recipes that I have tried. I didn't have a carrot, so instead I substituted zucchini. Will be making again.
Jul 29, 2012
Perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers, or any time of year!!
Feb 26, 2012
I hardly ever use ground turkey but decided to make some sort of turkey loaf and this recipe seemed to fit the bill. It was just what I was looking for. Everyone loved it too. Mine seemed to be a little too moist but that may have been due to using a slightly lesser amount of ground turkey. Still loved it.
Nov 15, 2011
I LOVE this meatloaf!! I accidentally used Italian seasoned ground turkey once and it was still delicious. Now I make it with regular ground turkey and I add a small shredded sweet potato to the mix as well. My daughter doesn't like the topping so I just make turkey gravy for it! She love this meatloaf and requests it often!! It's great as leftovers with the Stuffing bread on this site. I warm slice of the meatloaf and put in on two slices of Stuffing Bread with some cranberry sauce...YUM!!! I used Bell's stuffing mix and Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix with great success! Now I make a double batch and cook one for dinner and put the other in the freezer for an easy weeknight meal.
Aug 9, 2011
I'm not a meatloaf person.. my husband is so I'm always looking for a meatloaf recipe that I might enjoy too. Wow!! this was great.I even went back for seconds.