- 7 to 9 pounds fully cooked bone-in ham
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- Place ham in a large resealable plastic bag. Whisk together remaining ingredients until blended; pour into bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Remove ham from marinade and place on a rack in a roasting pan; reserve remaining marinade, placing it in the refrigerator until ready to baste.
- Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern. Bake, covered, 2 hours.
- Baste with about half of the reserved marinade. Bake, uncovered, 1 to 1-1/2 hours, basting the ham two more times during the first half hour, until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forBourbon-Spiced Glazed Ham
"Had family over for Christmas, and served this on a leaner ham from Costco. Followed the directions, and this was a huge hit. Definitely a keeper."