- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups shredded peeled tart apples (about 4 large)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and orange and lemon peel. Stir in juices. Add apples and toss to coat. Stir in eggs. Pour into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Remove foil; reduce heat to 350°. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Apple Pie
"I forgot to say (in the review I just wrote) to replace the flour with the 3 tablespoons of Minute Tapiocia"
"Needs to stay refrigerated.... If it stays out it gets kinda soupy.. Still delicious though."