Toasted Reubens Recipe
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer with cheese, corned beef and sauerkraut. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and horseradish; spread over remaining bread. Place over sauerkraut. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Toasted Reubens(15)
Sort By :
I prepared this recipe tonight and I swear it tasted better than many restaurant Reubens I have had. It is super easy and absolutely delicious. I made it exactly as written except I used pastrami since I could not find corned beef around here. It worked perfectly. This is definitely a five star recipe and we will be having it again and again. Here is a link to my review and picture.
We loved this recipe. I didn't have any rye bread on hand so I made the Onion Dill Bread on this site and it made an awesome subsitute.
This is awesome!
This was so delicious!
We have made this many times, and it is sooo good! Don't forget to rinse the sauerkraut.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >
- Irish Recipes >
- Sandwiches >