Toasted Reubens Recipe
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer with cheese, corned beef and sauerkraut. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and horseradish; spread over remaining bread. Place over sauerkraut. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Toasted Reubens(14)
Sort By :
We loved this recipe. I didn't have any rye bread on hand so I made the Onion Dill Bread on this site and it made an awesome subsitute.
This is awesome!
This was so delicious!
We have made this many times, and it is sooo good! Don't forget to rinse the sauerkraut.
This recipe appeared years ago in Taste of Home magazine. I made them several times and misplaced the recipe. So glad to find it again! This is the very best Reuben recipe I have ever tried.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >
- Irish Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- St. Patrick's Day Dinner Recipes >
- St. Patrick's Day Recipes >