“No one will ever guess how easy this hearty lasagna is to make. No-boil noodles and prepared spaghetti sauce save time and also, extra pots and pans. If your family is like mine, they'll love this!” Jodi Anderson - Vassar, Kansas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Asiago cheese
- 8 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta, cottage, Parmesan and Romano cheeses.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles. Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce to edges of noodles. Sprinkle with 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Top with ricotta mixture, provolone cheese and remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Cover and bake 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option:Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350deg;. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Six-Cheese Lasagna in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p33
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Six-Cheese Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review