Six-Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Asiago cheese
- 8 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese, quartered
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, cottage, Parmesan and Romano cheeses.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles. Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce to edges of noodles. Sprinkle with 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Top with ricotta mixture, provolone cheese and remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Six-Cheese Lasagna
Sort By :
EVERY TIME I MAKE THIS IS GET RAVE REVIEWS!
OMG, this is the best I ever had. Omitted the sausage and went with 2lbs. ground beef. I also love asiago and used 1/2 cup of it.
Easy and delicious!
SOOOO good, my family just loved it. Will definitely be making this again. I did use 2% cottage cheese and part-skim ricotta.
I have made this recipe many times - most recently for a group of 25 high school soccer players. There was not one bite left! It is absolutely the best lasagne ever! I would put it up against any lasagne served in any Italian restaurant.