- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute red pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in the milk, broth, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, pesto and olives. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese and feta cheese.
- Spread 1 cup marinara sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the ricotta mixture, half of the spinach, half of the pesto mixture and 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining the noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes more or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pesto Chicken Lasagna
Sort By :
Loved this. Left out the feta and olives for family preferences. Used the no-cook noodles and didn't have any issues with them as others have commented about.
This was absolutely delicious! We don't like feta so i used Parmesan and Romano instead and it was great. It came together quickly and didn't last long. I agree with another reviewer, cook your noodles before you assemble the dish. I didn't and the noodles were very firm and the bottom of the dish was over cooked by the time the noodles were soft. Even with these few minor issues this is a keeper.
Easy to prepare and full of flavor.. 5 STARS...
I made this last night for dinner. My husband and I absolutely loved it!! This recipe is a keeper!
I have been counting calories/fat/protein/carbs lately to lose weight (working like a charm!) so as I do with all foods now, I entered in this recipe into my cron-o-meter, as well as all the nutritional values for the cheeses and ready-made sauces, etc and was shocked to discover a nice slice of this only comes to 291 calories (my slice weighed 218 grams) and has only 10.9 grams of fat. And I used full fat ricotta, feta and mozzarella!
Definitely a nice twist to a traditional meal. Real nice. One reviewer mentioned the red pepper over-powered, but we did not find this. It did however, add an interesting flavour.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Lasagna >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >