- 7 cups thinly sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/3 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Place the apples in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in apple cider until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in lemon juice.
- Pour over apples; toss to coat. Pour into pastry shell. For topping, combine the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 45-50 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Golden Delicious Apple Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p136
Reviews for Golden Delicious Apple Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >