Easter Brunch Lasagna Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, finely chopped
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the onions, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce.
- Spread a fourth of the white sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, half of the ham and broccoli, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, half of the eggs and a fourth of the white sauce. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, white sauce and cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easter Brunch Lasagna
Sort By :
pinkiepie, yes you can make it the night before.
I make this again and again and again! Such a crowd pleaser. Can't say enough good things about it. If you have never tried it, make sure that you do.
I have made this MANY times. It is so good and always a crowd pleaser at playdates and brunches.
Any one who's made this do you think you could make in advance and bake another day?
Don't wait for Easter to try this one! I didn't have a full 3 cups of cheddar on hand, but since it called for hot pepper sauce, I used sharp cheddar for the 1st layer and finished it off with a mexi-blend shred. It was really good! Worth the effort to prepare... it made a nice Sunday brunch. For best results, make sure the ham, broccoli, and especially the eggs are finely chopped.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Pasta >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >