Blushing Apple Cream Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons red cinnamon candies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Add apples and stir gently to mix. Pour into a pastry-lined pie plate. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in top crust; place over apples. Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until pastry is golden and apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blushing Apple Cream Pie(3)
Sort By :
One of my favorites. I always double the filling and put in my deep dish pie. It's great!
This is one of my favorite recipes. The men folk say, "Very good"!
I thought this would have more of the taste of the red hots. It didn't, but it was very tasty and a little different.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >