- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons red cinnamon candies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Add apples and stir gently to mix. Pour into a pastry-lined pie plate. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in top crust; place over apples. Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until pastry is golden and apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blushing Apple Cream Pie
"One of my favorites. I always double the filling and put in my deep dish pie. It's great!"
"This is one of my favorite recipes. The men folk say, "Very good"!"
"I thought this would have more of the taste of the red hots. It didn't, but it was very tasty and a little different."