The area where we live used to be an apple orchard, so we and our neighbors have apple trees in our yards. I received this recipe from my sister more than 25 years ago, and it's still popular in our family.
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons red cinnamon candies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Add apples and stir gently to mix. Pour into a pastry-lined pie plate. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in top crust; place over apples. Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until pastry is golden and apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Blushing Apple Cream Pie in Country Extra September 1993, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blushing Apple Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review