- 4 lobster tails (5 to 6 ounces each), thawed
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into thin slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat broiler. Using kitchen scissors, cut a 2-in.-wide rectangle from the top shell of each lobster tail; loosen from lobster meat and remove.
- Pull away edges of remaining shell to release lobster meat from sides; pry meat loose from bottom shell, keeping tail end attached. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan. Arrange butter slices over lobster meat.
- Broil 5-6 in. from heat until meat is opaque, 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste; serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBroiled Lobster Tail
"I never knew making lobster would be this easy! Love the chimichurri butter recipe at the end."