Flavorful seafood shines in an easy-to-grill entree. A mild chive butter is an awesome accompaniment.—Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 5 min.
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 8 bacon strips, cut into thirds
- 1 pound halibut, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- CHIVE BUTTER:
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced chives
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread two mushrooms, two tomatoes and two pieces of bacon with four pieces of fish or seafood. Brush with melted butter.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque, turning once. Combine butter and chives; serve with brochettes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 347 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Seafood Brochettes with Chive Butter in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2018
Seems quite simple but the video shows a chicken being trussed instead of seafood brochettes
Aug 25, 2012
Aug 23, 2012
add pearl onions to the mix, and they're perfect