Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 50 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add carrots and garlic; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, wine and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Stir in salmon, shrimp and parsley. Cook, covered, 7-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 213 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
May 4, 2019
Very yummy. I substituted a mixed seafood bag instead of the shrimp and salmon and did not use all of the tomato paste.
Jan 17, 2019
I thought this was excellent. I did add one ingredient I take my shrimp shells and put them in the oven and dry them out . Then I grind them up and Store them in the freezer.
Nov 27, 2017
Very good soup but, I added salt and a tablespoon of sugar to cut the acidity of the tomato products. Also added more garlic and black pepper. Now it is fantastic, and I defiantly will double the batch next time. I used farm raised salmon. Could be why it was lacking in sodium?
Oct 9, 2017
Love this soup. Looking at the recipe I punched it up a bit with more onion, garlic, basil, oregano and put in some salt. It was so good and easy. Also used fire roasted tomatoes which I think taste better than the others. So good.
Aug 14, 2016
I added clams, crabs, shrimps, and scallops. It was delicious.
Nov 14, 2015
This was yummy. I wanted to make it for a main course so added a couple of potatoes and skipped the shrimp. Also added just a few red pepper flakes to give some kick. Hubby loved it!
Jun 24, 2013
I tried this soup today it was good but I thought it needed some taste. I had never used salmon in soup now I know why.
Sep 11, 2010
I made this one night for friends as a first course. Everyone loved it so much, now I make is as the main course. I get requests for this all the time now. This is the best recipe I've ever made
Jul 24, 2009
I made this as a first course to a dinner party. Instead of the salmon, I used Talapia. IT WAS FANTASTIC. Everyone that attended is still raving about how great it was. Next time, I will double the recipe and it will be the MAIN course. I highly recommend.