Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds orange roughy fillets
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a Dutch oven, bring the water, lemon juice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add fillets and cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 3 minutes. Add scallops; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Strain, reserving 1-1/2 cups cooking liquid.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, bouillon, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually add cream and reserved liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese and seafood mixture; heat through. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 478 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 280mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 50g protein.
May 28, 2012
We loved this recipe. Have made it several times.
Dec 19, 2009
I made this for Chritmas lunch in 2008 and they want it again this year it is very good and easy.
Jan 27, 2009
My family loved this dish. I couldn't find Orange Roughy fillets at our grocers, so I substitued Alaskan Cod instead. It worked beautifully. I did tweak the recipe with a dash of red pepper flakes, and a tsp. of minced garlic added near the beginning. Overall this was just delicious, and I've already added this recipe to my family favorites.