Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds orange roughy fillets
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a Dutch oven, bring the water, lemon juice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add fillets and cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 3 minutes. Add scallops; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Strain, reserving 1-1/2 cups cooking liquid.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, bouillon, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually add cream and reserved liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese and seafood mixture; heat through. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 478 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 280mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 50g protein.
May 28, 2012
We loved this recipe. Have made it several times.
Dec 19, 2009
I made this for Chritmas lunch in 2008 and they want it again this year it is very good and easy.
Jan 27, 2009
My family loved this dish. I couldn't find Orange Roughy fillets at our grocers, so I substitued Alaskan Cod instead. It worked beautifully. I did tweak the recipe with a dash of red pepper flakes, and a tsp. of minced garlic added near the beginning. Overall this was just delicious, and I've already added this recipe to my family favorites.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.