Ordinary crab cakes are fine, but my family prefers this version featuring scallops and shrimp as well as crab.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 pound uncooked scallops
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Seafood cocktail sauce, optional
- Place scallops and shrimp in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the cream, egg yolk, mustard, salt and cayenne; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; fold in crab and chives. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- With floured hands, shape mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into 1/2-in.-thick patties. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook seafood cakes in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with seafood sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 79 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Crab, Shrimp and Scallop Cakes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Jun 1, 2014
Tasty, but needed to add breadcrumbs so that they stuck together.
Feb 20, 2010
Good but not too savory, I would try again but add some worchester sauce and maybe shredded carrots.