Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups 2% milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons Madeira wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the shrimp, crab and mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the wine, salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Top with onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 169 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 13, 2017
This bisque looks tasty, but she adapted several recipes to come up with this one made with 2 kinds of canned soup? I think I'll have to pass. For pretty much the same effort she put into this soup, I believe I'll make it from scratch.
Jan 17, 2015
I used chicken broth not wine, I also used fresh mushrooms. This was a tasty soup that was easy to prepare.
Nov 11, 2014
This is a simple, delicious recipe. I added bay scallops and used fresh mushrooms. It was awesome. Thanks to whoever submitted.
Mar 18, 2014
My husband loves this! Easy and delicious.
Nov 13, 2012
Most of the ingredients are canned or jared, not a healthy soup...what would make this soup better is too use fresh ingredients.
Sep 15, 2009
Delicious and filling. Next time I'll use fresh mushrooms.
Aug 2, 2009
Seafood Bisque recipe is fantastic and easy. We changed shrimp to 2lb, crab to 3 cans lump, chopped the mushrooms, and added additional hot pepper sauce. This dish is a family and neighborhood favorite.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.