Baked Lobster Tails
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges and additional melted butter, optional
- Split lobster tails in half lengthwise. With cut side up and using scissors, cut along the edge of shell to loosen the cartilage covering the tail meat from the shell; remove and discard cartilage.
- Pour water into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; place lobster tails in dish. Combine the parsley, salt and pepper; sprinkle over lobster. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is firm and opaque. Serve with lemon wedges and melted butter if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 120 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jun 27, 2016
I thought this recipe would be bland, but it really wasn't! It was very easy to make and had a great flavor - light and fresh.
Dec 25, 2014
This was good and really easy.
Aug 30, 2013
The lobster was moist and not rubbery at all! The seasoning was good. I did make one tweak though - I butterflied it instead following these directions: http://www.lobsterhelp.com/butterflying-lobster-tails.html
Jul 9, 2013
Fantastic, easy recipe! The only change I made was using a sprinkle of garlic-salt instead of regular salt. I will be making this again!
Jun 17, 2013
Good, it is definitely a side dish because it is so small after cooking.
Jan 17, 2013
Safe recipe for Lobster.
Jan 2, 2013
Made this in the toaster oven and it turned out delicious. Would definitely make it for New Year's Eve again!
Dec 31, 2012
This is my 3rd New Year's Eve in a row that we created lobster tails using this recipe. The only thing I have changed is adding some Old Bay to the mix! Delicious.
Dec 25, 2012
Excellent recipe! A definite keeper! Never made lobster tail before, I'm so glad I tried it after reading all the good reviews. They were right, it's easy fast. They came out tender, juicy and perfectly flavored. My company loved it!
Feb 15, 2011
I never made lobster tail before and decided to give it a try for Valentine's Day. It was so easy and really delicious. I didn't quite understand the instructions for cutting the cartiladge since I've never worked with lobster before - but i just winged it and it turned out good. I made garlic butter for the side also.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.