Puffy Lobster Turnovers
Tender bits of lobster are nestled in golden brown puff pastry for an easy, elegant appetizer. Get ready to hand out the recipe to party guests!—Benny Diaz, Azusa, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped fresh lobster meat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a small skillet, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until lobster is firm and opaque; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry. Using a 4-in. round cookie cutter, cut out four circles. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastries. Spoon 1 tablespoon lobster mixture in the center of each circle. Brush edges with egg; fold dough over filling. Press edges to seal.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 167 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Braised Lobster Turnovers in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009