Basic Baked Lobster Tails
Lobster tails are a treat in themselves, but for an extra-special dinner you can serve them with steak!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges and additional melted butter, optional
- Split lobster tails in half lengthwise. With cut side up and using scissors, cut along the edge of shell to loosen the cartilage covering the tail meat from the shell; remove and discard cartilage.
- Pour water into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; place lobster tails in dish. Combine the parsley, salt and pepper; sprinkle over lobster. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is firm and opaque. Serve with lemon wedges and melted butter if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 775mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 43g protein.
Originally published as Baked Lobster Tails in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Jan 24, 2016
This is an awesome recipe for baked lobster tails.Will absolutely use it again.
Jan 11, 2014
great taste and so simple to do
Feb 20, 2012
No brainer for the newbie to lobster tails. Can't miss and you can season to taste with Old Bay etc.