Broiled Pizza Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 10 slices process cheese (Velveeta), divided
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with cornstarch; stir until blended. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, salt and onion salt. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add six cheese slices; cook and stir until cheese is melted and blended.
- Place hamburger buns cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture onto each bun half. Cut remaining cheese slices in half diagonally; place over meat mixture. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 560 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1550mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 29, 2017
Bleh processed cheese slices?
Mar 22, 2015
Have been making this for years....I use regular cheddar cheese instead of velvetta......I freeze it too so if people drop in I can make this us fast....delicious.
Oct 29, 2012
Great receipe for a quick meal. No soggy bottoms and has a good flavor. I doubled the meat mixture and made the burgers up as I needed them.........even taste better the next day after all the flavors blended. Will play around with ingredients the next time I make them.
Jun 16, 2012
I made these and none of my family liked them.
May 20, 2011
This is the BEST pizza burger recipe EVER!!! I used pizza seasoning instead of oregano and petite diced tomatoes. I added shredded cheddar cheese to the meat mixture and put shredded mozzarella cheese on top. I also toasted the buns so they aren't so soggy. My husband told me to throw away my other pizza burger recipes!!!
Feb 1, 2011
This is definitely a favorite recipe in our house! I like to toast the buns a little in the oven before I put on the toppings. That way they don't get as soggy.
Jan 20, 2011
Reminds me of a dear old friend who was the head cook at the high school... This recipe will hit all the bells and whistles!
Dec 19, 2010
I drained the tomatoes and added some pizza sauce and chopped pepperoni to mine...topped with mozzarella cheese. They were very good and my whole family loved them!
Jan 16, 2010
Pretty good and really fast. We enjoyed them.
Jun 8, 2008
We used tomatoes with onion and garlic, added no salt, used mozzarella instead of Velveeta. It was definitely a hit in our home!Mellan :)