- 2 pounds fully cooked boneless ham
- 1 thick boneless pork loin chop (8 ounces)
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Oil for frying
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- Cut ham, pork chop and bacon into 1-in. pieces; arrange in a single layer in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan. Freeze 30 minutes or until partially frozen.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Transfer meat to a food processor in batches; pulse until coarsely ground, about 20-24 pulses. In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, milk and eggs. Add pork mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil over medium heat. Add ham balls in batches; cook 3-4 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Remove from pan; drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk sauce ingredients; reserve 1 cup for serving. Add ham balls to remaining sauce, a few at a time, allowing ham balls to soak 1-2 minutes. Transfer ham balls to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce from soaking. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forBourbon Ham Balls
"Oh my goodness...these Bourbon Ham Balls are wonderful! I took them as an appetizer to my neighborhood Valentines Day wine tasting and they were the hit of the evening! I highly recommend this recipe!"