Roasted Red Potato Salad with Chipotle Mayo
My husband loves potato salad, but I don’t enjoy peeling and boiling potatoes. Oven-roasting the potatoes makes it easy and gives them the ideal taste and texture. —Karla Sheeley, Worden, IL
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spritz with cooking spray; sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and tender, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Place mayonnaise, mustard, chipotle peppers, vinegar and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until blended. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, onion, potatoes and dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately, or chill until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon.