Roasted Garlic And Pepper Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 4 slices sweet onion, separated into rings
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). cloves). Cut top off of garlic bulb. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic onto a work surface; cut into thin slices.
- Cut peppers in half; remove and discard seeds. Place cut side down on a baking sheet. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 6 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skins; cut peppers into thin strips.
- In a small bowl, combine the olives, vinegar, oregano, basil, white pepper and remaining oil. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; top with olive mixture, roasted garlic and peppers, onion and cheeses. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 138 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 14, 2014
NOT a take for lunch dish if you have coworkers whom you may want to breath on who may be offended at the onion or garlic, but delicious. I would in the future buy pre roasted red peppers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.