Italian Garlic Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Split bread lengthwise; place, cut side up, on a large baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine butter, cheese, garlic and oregano; brush onto cut surfaces of bread. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Serve warm.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 280 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 24, 2020
This is the best recipe for garlic toast. It has just the right amount of every ingredient. I usually just throw mine together but after trying out this recipe I will be using it instead.